Followers

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Cards for Men Challenge - No. 16

I'm a bit late this week with my card for the Cards for Men challenge and must apologise for the poor quality of the photograph.  I was initially ahead of time with this card, but I got a virus last week which knocked me sideways, and things all slipped back again.

The challenge on Cards for Men is 'Off on an Adventure' and the digistamps we got from the sponsor, Squiggle Stamps, were just the job.  Take a look over at the rest of the DT to see the full range and the fab prize on offer.

I was really pleased with myself for crating this scene as the pieces came together easily.  I started by cutting my own cloud shape then using a sponge dauber and Memento Ink (Bahama Blue) created the sky background.  The sand is cut from a piece of cream glitter card and the image is coloured with Prismas.  The crystals and sentiment finish it off.  I hope you like it as much as I do.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fabby scene Donna, love the little jewels and the pirate boy is so cute x

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this fabulous scene, Donna! The sparkly sand is so wonderful, and I love the sponged sky. The little gems from the treasure box are the perfect finishing touch! x