Followers

Monday 12 July 2010

Challenge No 3 - It's a Man's World

Here's my card for the latest challenge on Donna's Den of Craft where the theme was 'It's a Man's World'.  I saw an idea in issue 56 of Parpercraft Essentials which was to make a mosaic frame.  I thought it was a good idea (especially the thought of ending up with 3 frames) so had a go at adapting it here.  I didn't quite get it right and am a little disappointed but it has taught me things and I know the next try would be better.

I am really please with the main image though which is a Papermania Stamp that has been stamped a few times coloured with Prismas and decoupaged.  The sentiment seemed to fit really well.  It's a little difficult to read in the photo but says 'A winner is a dreamer who never quits'.  The base card is made from Bazzill Basics and the papers are from the Dovecraft Masculine range.  The papers have now been discontinued but I still have brads, adhesive ribbon and chipboards to match which can be found here.

There's a great prize of two Jayne Netley Mayhew stamps and you can find full details on the main post, here.  Thanks for looking.  Hope to see your ideas in our challenge.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Fab card Donna, love the image, perfect for a male card I think!

dragonllew said...

Great card Donna I love the image and the sentiment.

Tracey said...

Fab card Donna, love the Mosaic effect & the image :)

Have a great week.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

crafty amy said...

This is so cute Donna I love how you have used the paper in those shapes round the image it really breaks up the white it is such a great layout :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Faye said...

I actually really like this idea and think it is brilliant. I am going to have a go myself. Love the colours and papers you've put together. xxx