Followers

Monday 2 January 2012

Cards for Men (Recycled)

Happy New Year!  I'm pleased to be back with a new challenge card for Cards for Men.  The theme this time is 'Reycling'.  You'll find lots of ideas over on the main post and the prize on offer is £10 gift voucher from the wonderful, One Stop Card Crafts.

My card is a recylcled Christmas Card from 2010.  I cut out lots of nice bits last Christmas with the intention of making new Christmas Cards this year.  As it turned out, they never got made, but I'm determined to do better this year.  I rooted through my 'scraps' box to find the gold card for mounting.  The Ribbon/Craft strip were off our Christmas Cake.  The base is Stampin Up (Chocolate Chip) and the gold Candi were in my stash.  All in all I was very pleased with myself.  I liked the finish so much that I have a similar design set up ready for my son's birthday card.

Hope you like it too and I'd love to see your creations over at Cards for Men.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:





  • Top Tip Tuesday - #66 Anything Goes
  • Stamp-N-Doodle - Christmas
  • Partytime Tuesdays - #48 Anything Goes
  • Everybody-Art-Challenge - #173 Anything Goes
  • Bearly Mine - #26 Anything Goes
  • Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
  • Scrapbook Sisters - #66 anything goes
  • My Mum's Craft shop - #37 anything goes
  • Freshly Brewed - #76 Christmas
  • Divas by Design - #17 Christmas
  • Creative Belli - 2W - #133 the word "Christmas" must be on the card  (2nd wk)
  • Crafts and Me - #65 Christmas  (2nd wk)
  • Cooking It Up With Katie - 1E - # 86 anything goes (til January)
  • Paper Play - 2E - Christmas (ends 4th Jan 2012)
  • Little Miss Muffet Challenges - 2W, 1E, SIO - (2nd week) Anything Goes (plus become a Follower)(ends 3rd Jan 2012) +DT Call
  • Digi Doodle Shop's Best - SIO - Anything Goes (ends 4th Jan 2012)
  • Crafty Purple Frog - 2W, SIO - (2nd week) Cristmas and New Year (ends 3rd Jan 2012) 
  • Aud Sentiments Challenge - 2W - (2nd week) Anything Goes (ends 3rd Jan 2012) (+DT Call)
  • Wags 'n Whiskers - 2W, SIO – Fancy Fold, runs till 6 January

  • 19 comments:

    Lisa Jane said...

    Brilliant card - i love a bot of recycling
    Thanks for joining us at Diva's this week
    Lisa x

    Nannieflash said...

    Brilliant card Donna, love the idea of using last years cards, I kept all mine and never actually got around to using them. Happy New Year to you. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    Unknown said...

    Sooo adorable. Thanks for joining Stamp n doodle's Christmas Challenge! Happy New Year.

    Lisa Minckler said...

    Fabulously recycled card!!! Love where you got your elements from and the outcome is wonderful!!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Also, if you have a TIP you’d like to share you'll be eligible for the TOP TIPPER PRIZE as well. Check out the details when linking.
    Lisa xx
    Come by and visit us next week. We'd love to see you again!

    Elaine Stark said...

    Well done for recycling a beautiful card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    Michelle B. said...

    What a fab idea! I keep all my cards but haven't done anything with them yet ... now I know what to do! Beautiful! Happy New Year!

    Nancy said...

    Such cute little critters!! Thanks for partying with us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!!

    Caroljenks said...

    This is fab! You are doing much better than me - I have scraps from the last 4 years still to use!

    Thanks for joining us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge. Don't forget if you have a Top Tip to share with us next week you could also win the Top Tippers Prize!

    Carol x

    Sarah said...

    Fab card Donna, I love a bit of recycling on cards! Happy new year to you and yours xxx

    Shelby said...

    Great idea of recycling! A beautiful card you've designed. Thanks for joining us at MMCS

    Shelby

    Helen Laurence said...

    Happy New Year!!

    I hope 2012 brings you all the crafty-ness you dream of ;0)

    I'm starting the new year with a Half Price Sale on all my craft products HERE

    Hugs Helen x

    Nannieflash said...

    Hi Donna, fabulous card and I love the image and your gorgeous design. Many thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxx

    cebelica said...

    Very nice card. Thanks for playing with us as MMCS challenge this week! Hugs!

    Diane's Card Designs said...

    Awww this is so cute and love the design. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge.
    Diane xx

    Christine said...

    Great idea to recycle your old cards. It turned out very nice!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    Donna said...

    Super sweet card Donna, love this fab image and perfect design for a male card :) Donna ♥ x

    Unknown said...

    Hi Donna, what great recycling. Love the image.

    I tried doing that one year, but found the scraps at the bottom of my Christmas box two years later and didn't bother again!

    Thanks for joining in with us at Divas by Design this time. Sarah

    Vicky said...

    Such a gorgeous creation hun...!

    thanks for joining us at Divas...and good luck...!

    hugs Vicky xx

    Debbie said...

    Awesome card!! Great idea to use the sentiments from old cards!! Now I need to go digging through mine! :)