Followers

Monday 25 October 2010

Cards for Men Challenge - No. 22

Woohoo, another Christmas Card.  If I keep this up, I'll have  enough by Christmas.  I'm sorry for the poor picture, and I'll try to get a daytime one today.

This card is my DT card for the new challenge over at Cards for Men where the theme is 'Anything goes - as long as it's male'.  My hubby said he thought it was a bit girlie but I always had this image in mind as a sexy santa helper to use for my husband's card.  I'll add a sentiment nearer Christmas and hopefully that will make it clearer, lol.

The image is from our fab sponsor, Digital Delights and can be found here.  I've coloured it with Prismacolours and tried a bit of white glaze on the trim of the hat and dress.  Unfortunately it ran over the lines a bit and pulled in some of the red so ended up pink.  I'll probably have a second go at this image and try something like 'snowtex' instead.  Anyway, hop on over to Cards for men, where you'll find all the details of the latest challenge and some inspiration from the rest of the design team.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

The Stampman - Challenge #8 Cards for Men
Stamp Something - Use a digi
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything goes
Tip-Top Tuesday - Anything goes
One Stitch at a Time -  All celebrations

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Fabby card Donna, I love that image and your card does not look girly, husbands *rolls eyes* ;-)

Nannieflash said...

Hi Donna, you know what they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and maybe with a little bit of extra oh la la hubby might just change his mind. I think youve done a brilliant job on your card the colouring is fabulous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Great card and so not too girly. x

Donna said...

Brilliant card Donna and so cool to use this sassy image for a mens card...I love it! So sorry I made you buy the bugaboo images...I hope your hubby will forgive me lol! :) Donna x

Wendy Hall said...

Fabulous card:). I hope you enjoyed working with our digital stamps this week.
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
Digital Delights

Lisa Jane said...

fba card - love the sparkle and the sentiment lol!
Lisa ;)

Angie - Bumble Bee's Craft Den said...

Fab card, what a lovely image Donna.

Paula said...

Great card Donna, the images is just perfect lol I agree HUSBANDS!! what do they know lolololol

Thankyou for joining in with us this week at OSAAT with your lovely creation,
good luck
Paula xx

Unknown said...

Husbands eh? What do they know....lol. Great card & exactly right for what you meant it to be for.

uksharon said...

Great card.
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Beautiful card what do husbands know anyhoo? lol - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
Hugs Deb xx

Alison said...

Great card Donna- I was wondering where you were going with this image but this really works! I'm sure your husband will get there in the end!
Hugs, Alison x